Re: Noisy ipmi0 after bootup? (really other kernel noise)

Paul Goyette wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Simon Burge wrote:
>
> > Paul Goyette wrote:
> >
> >> Unattached sensors shouldn't generate alarms.  Any chance you could
> >> check with a kernel from today to see if the initialization code I
> >> committed has any effect?  Meantime I grovel through the code again
> >> looking for more clues.
> >
> > Ok, will try this.  Any FOO_DEBUG options I can set to get extra info?
>
> There's ENVSYS_DEBUG and ENVSYS_OBJECTS_DEBUG but they probably won't
> add much benefit.  One of the things I intend to add over time is some
> better debugging.  As others have pointed out, it's a convoluted piece
> of code and difficult to navigate.

With no added options and today's sources, I get the added bonus of
being told the previous critical warnings twice!  This is booting to
single user, so no syslogd etc:

   ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan8/CPU2'
   ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan8/CPU2'
   ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan7/CPU1'
   ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan7/CPU1'
   ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan6'
   ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan6'
   ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan5'
   ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan5'