Re: Noisy ipmi0 after bootup? (really other kernel noise)

> The actual console messages are created by the scripts in
> /etc/powerd/scripts directory.

Eh, no.  In my case, on a normal multi-user reboot, after /etc/rc
has run and getty is started on the console, these messages
appear (both on the console and in the kernel message buffer):

coretemp0: normal state on 'cpu0 temperature'
coretemp1: normal state on 'cpu1 temperature'
coretemp2: normal state on 'cpu2 temperature'
coretemp5: normal state on 'cpu5 temperature'
coretemp4: normal state on 'cpu4 temperature'
coretemp3: normal state on 'cpu3 temperature'
coretemp6: normal state on 'cpu6 temperature'
acpitz0: normal state on 'temperature'
acpitz0: normal state on 'temperature'
coretemp7: normal state on 'cpu7 temperature'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 8'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 8'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 7'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 7'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 6'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 6'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 5'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 5'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 4'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 4'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 3'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 3'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 9'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 9'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 2'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 2'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 1'
ipmi0: normal state on 'Temp 1'

You'll note that 'normal state on' is nowhere to be found in the
files in the /etc/powerd/scripts directory.

> I will certainly investigate making the "verbosity" of sysmon_envsys(9)
> more tailorable as part of a revamp that I'm planning for the post-5.0
> timeframe.

Uh, I mentioned this now so that this could be fixed *prior* to
us releasing 5.0, since it's exactly when a new release is cut
that more users typically come into contact with our installer
environment.

Regards,

- Håvard