Re: Problem with NetBSD on HP Compaq nc 6120

2008/8/28 Sniks Sniks <tosniks%inbox.ru@localhost>:
> Hello!
>
>  Why NetBSD's kernel work on the HP Copmaq nc6120 with ACPI disabled only?
>  What is the problem?
>  I use NetBSD on server at work... And I want that NetBSD will operations
> system on the my notebook.
>
>  Thanks you for any help....
>
> Best regards, Maxim Denisov aka Sniks.
> e-mail: ToSniks%inbox.ru@localhost
> icq: 287-284-167
> Kazakhstan.
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2007/04/14/0008.html
>
> Subject: Problem on Laptop ( HP.NC6120 )
> To: None <current-users%netbsd.org@localhost>
> From: KlinT <klint%klintcentral.net@localhost>
> List: current-users
> Date: 04/14/2007 20:28:35
>
> Hi All,
>
> Well, I'm trying to run NetBSD-Current ( 4.99.17 - Compiled on April,
> 14 arround midnight ) on my laptop ...

4.99.17 is quite old, my guess is you mean 4.99.71...

> It's a HP NC6120 ...
>
> The installation run fine but I experience some problem when booting
> GENERIC_LAPTOP ...

There is no more GENERIC_LAPTOP in -current. Use GENERIC.

Try ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/200808270002Z/iso/i386cd.iso .

> Sometimes, juste after installation I'm able to login,
> Other times, it hangs randomly during the boot process,
> And finally, on the case I'm able to login, I "lost" the keyboard
> after 1 or 2 minutes ...
>
> I'm not able to post any logs right now sorry ...
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Arnaud.
>
> PS : I'll try to build a new release from a fresh cvs source tree ...
> The process is in progress ...

/dev/random says:
        Mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence
Chavdar Ivanov | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014