Re: Compiling the current source code

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008, Erik Bertelsen wrote:
> After your changes to build.sh in rev. 1.191 of Aug 5th it appears
> that it is now mandatory to use -O or -M with build.sh.

Yes, but only if build.sh can't guess where you want the object
directory to be.

> I feel much more comfortable having set the paths to the source and
> object directories in /etc/mk.conf rather than specifying them in each
> call to build.sh.

Setting it in make.conf not supposed to be possible.  make(1) internally
decides which object directory to use before it reads /etc/mk.conf.

> My question really is whether it is intentional that using BSDOBJDIR
> and BSDSRCDIR in /etc/mk.conf has stopped working ?

No, that was not intentional.  Are you sure that it worked before?  What
do you get from (cd ${SRCDIR}; make -V __usrobjdir; make -V _SRC_TOP_),
and is your source in /usr/src or not?

--apb (Alan Barrett)