Re: non-configured devices on Eee PC 1000H

Malcolm Herbert wrote:
On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 01:55:09 +0200, "Joerg Sonnenberger"
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> said:
On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 09:50:58AM +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
drm at vga1 not configured
Well, do you have drm support in your kernel?

interesting - at first glance I didn't think I wanted this, but after
looking at the man page, yes I do ...
it's not in the GENERIC kernel, but the ALL config lists about 8
different variants of DRM - I think this has an Intel video chipset (the
0x8086 PCI manufacturer id is pretty distinctive) but I'm not sure which
model it is ...
vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x27ae (rev. 0x03)

Our Intel DRM driver is quite old; work is underway to port the latest driver in -current. That looks like an i945GME, so you might get away with just adding the PCI ID (I can confirm that our drm code does work on the i945GM present in the EeePC 701).

vendor 0x8086 product 0x27a6 (miscellaneous display, revision 0x03) at
pci0 dev 2 function 1 not configured
This is harmless, it is primarily for Windows detecting the secondary
head.

interesting ... can NetBSD make use of this at all?  That could be nice
to have ...

Yes, Xorg knows how to do this.

Cheers,
Jared