Re: non-configured devices on Eee PC 1000H

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 01:55:09 +0200, "Joerg Sonnenberger"
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> said:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 09:50:58AM +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> > drm at vga1 not configured
>
> Well, do you have drm support in your kernel?

interesting - at first glance I didn't think I wanted this, but after
looking at the man page, yes I do ...

it's not in the GENERIC kernel, but the ALL config lists about 8
different variants of DRM - I think this has an Intel video chipset (the
0x8086 PCI manufacturer id is pretty distinctive) but I'm not sure which
model it is ...

vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x27ae (rev. 0x03)

> > vendor 0x8086 product 0x27a6 (miscellaneous display, revision 0x03) at
> > pci0 dev 2 function 1 not configured
>
> This is harmless, it is primarily for Windows detecting the secondary
> head.

interesting ... can NetBSD make use of this at all?  That could be nice
to have ...

> > vendor 0x1969 product 0x1026 (ethernet network, revision 0xb0) at pci2
> > dev 0 function 0 not configured
>
> Should be a variation of the hardware supported by lii(4).

yeah - lii is in the GENERIC kernel however:

$NetBSD: if_lii.c,v 1.5 2008/07/08 12:39:27 sborrill Exp $

I'm aware that most devices these days have manufacturer and model
numbers to allow correct driver binding, but I'm not sure where these
are maintained inside the NetBSD sources - I'm tempted to simply add
them to the lii and Intel i810 drivers and see what happens but haven't
a clue as to where to do this ...

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left