Re: panic: bnx0 Double mbuf allocation failure!

Guess I should also add my two cents worth in for this problem.  I
installed NetBSD 4.99.62 on a DELL dual-processor 1950 with no problem.
It works great, reliably, and very fast.

Tried to update to 4.99.65...66...67  Each of them causes this failure
probably within the first 2 or three minutes of operation on the unit.

Backed up to 4.99.62 (thankfully, I saved it),  everything is back OK
again.

Would definitely like to upgrade to the latest, though.  I'm trying to
keep this system up to current.

David Dudley

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 05:46:37 am Fredrik Carlsson wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 10:27:27AM +0000, Fredrik Carlsson wrote:
> >

> >> We did a desperate upgrade to CURRENT in hope that this would fix
the
problem ;)
> >> The machine became much faster but as soon as we put some load on,
it
panics but
> >> still responds to ping. There is nothing in the logs after a power
cycle.

> >> Is there anything we can do to help troubleshoot this, would a
DEBUG-kernel
> >> help? We can supply ssh access if that would make it easier.
> >>
> >> The load that causes this is a MySQL import over the network, a
lot of
CPU, disk
> >> access and nfs. The machine panics after 30-60 minutes into the
import.

> > Do you have the panic message, and eventually the stack trace ?
> >

> We don't have the panic message (no console access) but we are trying
> create an usable core dump.
>
> When we used a MP kernel gdb complained about "Cannot access memory
at
> address 0xffff80005bfca6c0" so right now we have booted on one CPU
and
> are trying to produce a panic, but so far it is stable. Before when
we
> copied files over NFS it paniced several times a few GB into the copy

> but now it runs fine, perhaps this has to do with the MP-kernel?

I've seen the "Cannot access memory at address" error on a domu.

See the bottom of this post:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2008/06/25/msg003206.html

The hypervisor is MP but the domu is obviously UP. I have no idea how
the
relationship between domu and dom0 works and can't say as to whether an
error
like this is domu related or dom0. In any case, dom0 is obviously UP
aswell.

Sarton
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1