Re: panic: bnx0 Double mbuf allocation failure!

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 05:46:37 am Fredrik Carlsson wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 10:27:27AM +0000, Fredrik Carlsson wrote:
> >

> >> We did a desperate upgrade to CURRENT in hope that this would fix the
problem ;)
> >> The machine became much faster but as soon as we put some load on, it
panics but
> >> still responds to ping. There is nothing in the logs after a power cycle.
> >>
> >> Is there anything we can do to help troubleshoot this, would a
DEBUG-kernel
> >> help? We can supply ssh access if that would make it easier.
> >>
> >> The load that causes this is a MySQL import over the network, a lot of
CPU, disk
> >> access and nfs. The machine panics after 30-60 minutes into the import.
> >>

> > Do you have the panic message, and eventually the stack trace ?
> >

> We don't have the panic message (no console access) but we are trying to
> create an usable core dump.
>
> When we used a MP kernel gdb complained about "Cannot access memory at
> address 0xffff80005bfca6c0" so right now we have booted on one CPU and
> are trying to produce a panic, but so far it is stable. Before when we
> copied files over NFS it paniced several times a few GB into the copy
> but now it runs fine, perhaps this has to do with the MP-kernel?

I've seen the "Cannot access memory at address" error on a domu.

See the bottom of this post:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2008/06/25/msg003206.html

The hypervisor is MP but the domu is obviously UP. I have no idea how the
relationship between domu and dom0 works and can't say as to whether an error
like this is domu related or dom0. In any case, dom0 is obviously UP aswell.

Sarton