iwi error messages

Hi,

Lately, I've seen these messages from my T42 laptop:

$ dmesg | grep iwi
iwi0 at pci2 dev 2 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x4220 (rev. 0x05)
iwi0: interrupting at irq 11
iwi0: 802.11 address 00:0e:35:38:b0:33
iwi0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
iwi0: 11g rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps
36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
iwi0: timeout waiting for ucode to initialize
iwi0: could not load microcode
iwi0: timeout waiting for firmware initialization to complete
iwi0: could not load main firmware
iwi0: cannot assign link-local address

Since the adaptor seems to work fine despite all this, I presume the firmware
load is retried and succeeds the second time.  I wonder if some delay in the
driver could be adjusted in order to avoid the failure and also if the driver
shouldn't report the subsequent success (the error messages might be
misleading if some other issue prevents the network from working).

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Sverre