Re: support for Texas Instruments FlashMedia Controller?

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:09:53PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Does anyone know of any BSD support for Texas Instruments SDA Standard
> Compliant SD Host Controller and Texas Instruments Integrated FlashMedia
> Controller?
>
> vendor 0x104c product 0x8033 (miscellaneous mass storage) at pci2 dev 9
> function 3 not configured
> vendor 0x104c product 0x8034 (SD Host Controller system) at pci2 dev 9
> function 4 not configured

Yeah, OpenBSD has support. But only for SDHCI. I've even used a
port of it on NetBSD once upon a time (needed a hack to allow
the SD card to appear on the SDHCI side instead of the
FlashMedia side)

Linux has some support for the non-SDHCI interface apparently.
I have no idea if this has benefits other than support for
less-common media cards.

As usual, the reverse-engineered Linux driver is the only
easily available "documentation".

Sigh.

        Jonathan Kollasch