Re: btsco(4) on -current

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Rafal Boni wrote:
> > Heh, I was momentarily confused when I couldn't find the ubt in dmesg; it's
> > actually connected to the SunFire V100, not the T1, but yes, both are
> > ohci's.
>
> I just tested on 4.0/i386 with ohci, and see the same failure as -current/i386
> and -current/amd64 with uhci. I tested the headset last night and it works
> both with my Blackberry and Playstation 3, so that should rule that out..

Sorry about slow response on this guys, my summer holiday has been
raging out of control (went away sailing for a week, turned into six :)

I'm back now and trying to catch up on some things, will update my netbsd
sources and try to look at it some after the weekend.

I know that if EHCI is involved there will be trouble with bluetooth audio
(lack of isochronous support) though I thought that OHCI was ok. I'm not
sure how well tested we are on 64bit hardware though

I don't use the audio very often though I have it on my list to make some
improvements. Its unlikely to be any incompatibilities in the remote
device (headset) since all the protocol we deal with will be in the host
(us) controller (local device) interface.

sysutils/hcidump can show what is happening further down; it will show if
the packets are coming through the USB layer at least.

iain