Re: Build failure: i386 crossbuild on Mac OS X - solved

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 08:43:54AM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 01:04:11PM +1000, Paul Ripke wrote:
>   | I've had this for the last week or so, with clean sources and empty
>   | build dirs. Native build i386 on i386 is fine.
>
> Do you try a clean DESTDIR as well?
> (I.e., it's not a stale hangover from a previous build?)
>

>   | =======  4 extra files in DESTDIR  =========
>   | Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
>   | File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
>   | ------------------------------------------
>   | ./usr/lib/libsup.a
>   | ./usr/lib/libsup_p.a
>   | ./usr/lib/libsup_pic.a
>   | ./usr/libdata/lint/llib-lsup.ln
>   | =========  end of 4 extra files  ===========
>

> That library appears to be from src/usr.sbin/sup/sup, which
> is a "helper / private" library and should not be being
> installed because it has LIBISPRIVATE=yes at the top
> of its Makefile.

umm.. I see "MKPRIVATELIB=yes"... ok... solved. This is bizarre.
My rsynced cvs repository on my Mac was missing your last update
to this Makefile. Looks like there were a few other files that
weren't getting rsynced, too. This is all on a case-sensitive
HFS+ disk image. Maybe permissions problems - I ran a
"chmod -R a+rX" and rsync and cvs happily picked up the updates.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke