Re: Build failure: i386 crossbuild on Mac OS X

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 01:04:11PM +1000, Paul Ripke wrote:
  | I've had this for the last week or so, with clean sources and empty
  | build dirs. Native build i386 on i386 is fine.

Do you try a clean DESTDIR as well?
(I.e., it's not a stale hangover from a previous build?)

  | =======  4 extra files in DESTDIR  =========
  | Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
  | File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
  | ------------------------------------------
  | ./usr/lib/libsup.a
  | ./usr/lib/libsup_p.a
  | ./usr/lib/libsup_pic.a
  | ./usr/libdata/lint/llib-lsup.ln
  | =========  end of 4 extra files  ===========

That library appears to be from src/usr.sbin/sup/sup, which
is a "helper / private" library and should not be being
installed because it has LIBISPRIVATE=yes at the top
of its Makefile.

Are you able to provide more details about your build system?
 - Full OS version
 - Whether you're using case insensitive file system (default on OS X)
   to hold your source or objdirs
 - Any mk.conf or build.sh overrides you've set

I've quickly tested my build host (a NetBSD 3.1.1 system)
and can't reproduce this.  I have access to an OS X 10.5.3
system that may help debugging this.

thanks,
Luke.