Re: nvidia sata problem

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 11:22:53AM -0400, David Holland wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 04:55:45PM +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
>  > I can't get NetBSD/amd64 -current (sources from June 6th) to recognize
>  > both my SATA drives.  Depending on which of the four sata ports I use,
>  > it recognizes one, the other, or neither.  (For comparison, 4.0
>  > recognizes both, but doesn't support DMA.)
>  >
>  > viaide1: NVIDIA MCP67 Serial ATA Controller (rev. 0xa2)
>
> With my MCP65 the magic turned out to be to set it to AHCI mode in the
> BIOS and use ahcisata instead of viaide.

  Hm, ASUS M2N-CM DVI's BIOS doesn't seem to have that option.  I can
choose between SATA mode and RAID mode.  If I switch to RAID mode and
enbale the channels, no drive is recognized, even by the BIOS (I guess
only RAID sets would be recognized).  If I disable the channels, the
controller attaches as pciide without DMA support.

> Further investigation is still pending for when I can find some time. :-/

  Any way I can help?

                                        yours,
                                        dillo