nvidia sata problem

hi,

I can't get NetBSD/amd64 -current (sources from June 6th) to recognize
both my SATA drives.  Depending on which of the four sata ports I use,
it recognizes one, the other, or neither.  (For comparison, 4.0
recognizes both, but doesn't support DMA.)

This is a dmesg excerpt when recognizing neither:

viaide1 at pci0 dev 9 function 0
viaide1: NVIDIA MCP67 Serial ATA Controller (rev. 0xa2)
viaide1: bus-master DMA support present
viaide1: primary channel wired to native-PCI mode
LSA0: Picked IRQ 21 with weight 1
viaide1: using ioapic0 pin 21 for native-PCI interrupt
atabus1 at viaide1 channel 0
viaide1: secondary channel wired to native-PCI mode
atabus2 at viaide1 channel 1
[...]
viaide1 port 0: device present, speed: no negotiated speed
viaide1 channel 0: reset failed for drive 0

And this when it recognizes one of them:

viaide1 at pci0 dev 9 function 0
viaide1: NVIDIA MCP67 Serial ATA Controller (rev. 0xa2)
viaide1: bus-master DMA support present
viaide1: primary channel wired to native-PCI mode
LSA0: Picked IRQ 21 with weight 1
viaide1: using ioapic0 pin 21 for native-PCI interrupt
atabus1 at viaide1 channel 0
viaide1: secondary channel wired to native-PCI mode
atabus2 at viaide1 channel 1
[...]
viaide1 port 0: device present, speed: no negotiated speed
wd0 at atabus1 drive 0: <Hitachi HDT725032VLA360>
wd0: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA48 addressing
wd0: 298 GB, 620181 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 625142448 sectors
wd0: 32-bit data port
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 6 (Ultra/133)
wd0(viaide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 6 (Ultra/133) (using DMA)

  Any idea on how to fix this or how to further debug the issue
appreciated.

  Failing that, any recommendations of a supported SATA-II add-on
controller card?

                                        thanks,
                                        dillo