Re: ipf/ipnat behavior

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:13:41 am Paul Goyette wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Paul Goyette wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Martin Husemann wrote:
> >
> >> I see the same w/o ipfilter involved, and only sometimes under load, so
> >> I presume it is a different problem (PR kern/38669). Does it work for
> >> you if you switch to TCP mounts?
> >
> > Yes, at least an initial test works.  With an ipf.conf that just passes
> > everything, and ipnat enabled I am able to do all of the things that were
> > previously failing (accessing files via NFS, and ssh in from the other
> > machine).
>
> Hmmm.  I just ran into the same problem (no nfs access) on my i386
> laptop, which does not have ipfilter or ipnat turned on.  So maybe this
> problem isn't really related to ipf/ipnat after all.
>
> Whatever is going on, it sure it weird!  :)

Was the laptop attempting a udp or tcp connection? I seem to remember a while
back needing to switch to tcp for everything so that nfs was stable. On a
very similar system with very few connections, udp still functions fine.

No-one else was having a problem so I didn't probe any further. It also wasn't
the easiest thing to replicate, for me at least. I've also had other
instances where nfs will kill a system, so I've avoided using it in the hope
that eventually other people would be interested enough in the problems/bugs
that exist and then maybe I can assist ...

Sarton