Re: locale LC_NUMERIC

On Wed, 7 May 2008 06:10:51 pm Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 05:59:54PM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> > Trawling the net produced this from a perl mailling list thread:
> > netbsd's setlocale () doesn't support LC_COLLATE and LC_NUMERIC
> >
> > Is this the case? I've definitely had no trouble setting the other
categories.

> Yes, they are currently not implemented.

Is it just me (it could very well be) or does the BUGS section of the
setlocale man page not explicitly state this?

The only limitation I see mentioned is:

        The current implementation supports only the "C" and "POSIX" locales for
        all but the LC_CTYPE locale.

Which doesn't seem to apply here, and:

        LC_NUMERIC and LC_TIME are personal choices and should
        not be wrapped up with the other categories.

Should not be wrapped up _or_ cannot be wrapped up? ;) ... this seems to imply
that LC_NUMERIC can infact be used for ... something.

Am I wrong?

Sarton