locale LC_NUMERIC

Hi all,

I've been attempting to utilise LC_NUMERIC for currency formatting within
python but have had no luck.

Trawling the net produced this from a perl mailling list thread:
netbsd's setlocale () doesn't support LC_COLLATE and LC_NUMERIC

Is this the case? I've definitely had no trouble setting the other categories.

Python 2.5 gets around this with regards to what I'm attempting and I know I
can create a function but I was at a loss when attempting something so simple
so thought I'd check to see if in-fact it cannot be modified.

Sarton