Re: immediate v6-related crash

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:35:53 +0900
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 07:56:09PM +0000, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > On an up-to-date -current kernel (i386, Dell Dimension 8400 with bge
> > card), I get a reproducible panic shortly after going multi-user:
> > "in6_cksum: mbuf too short for IPv6 header".
>
> Backtrace? E.g. ddb.commandonenter=bt

I'll try that tomorrow, but unless it's captured by dmesg at the next
boot, it won't do much good; I don't have time to read it before the
reboot.  There are no panic messages in /var/log/messages now, though,
so I suspect it won't help.

I rebooted a few more times since my posting.  I can say that it
happens after /etc/rc.d/ldconfig runs.  I suspect it's timing-related,
since I was able to boot -- and start services -- after commenting out
most of rc.conf.

I also think that it's getting a uvm_fault during the panic, which is
why I'm not getting a dump.

The obvious thing to try is a serial console; unfortunately, I won't be
able to do that until next week.