Re: ACPI on a sony c1xd?

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 02:53:52PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> >Hmm, so S4 is suspend to disk and S3 is suspend to RAM, which in my case
> >is not a solution, because sometime I suspend the notebook for weeks or
> >months and remove the battery.
>
> If your firmware supports S4BIOS, you may be able to still suspend to
> disk on NetBSD. Code is present for this, but is not as well tested as
> S3 since only a limited subset of hardware supports this state.

That would be nice, but as you said first all these PMF warnings needs
to be fixed before I can try that.
Thank you for fixing the tpl one, but I'm lost about the acpi_pci_link
one.

I enabled piixpcib in my kernel to get something for SpeedStep, but it fails
to attach:

piixpcib0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0
piixpcib0: Intel 82371AB (PIIX4) PCI-ISA Bridge (rev. 0x02)
piixpcib0: unable to claim ownership from the BIOS

There was also a panic while opl at yds was attached, but that only happend
after I added the piixpcib driver.

Bernd