Re: Build failure - fwohci.c - softc/dev_t breakage?

On Mar 4, 2008, at 5:50 PM, Quentin Garnier wrote:

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 03:18:31PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
Sources updated about an hour ago. Got the following while building a
amd64 kernel:

Well, if that's the case, I really wonder how beside very dark magic.
Sure, I failed to make the Olympique Lyonnais beat the crap out of
Manchester United, so maybe that's what I ended up with. <Insert Harry
Potter reference.>

That said, I know I announced breakage, I didn't say you could blame me
for everything ;)

fwohci.o: In function `fwohci_arcv_swap':
/build/src/sys/dev/ieee1394/fwohci.c:2802: undefined reference to
`firewire_debug'

You have fwohci in your kernel configuration file but not ieee1394if.
That's your issue.

(Granted, in itself it's kind of a bug, but fwohci is of very little
use without ieee1394if.)

Hmm? The 1394if side is needed for sbp to interface to disks?

James