Re: Build failure - fwohci.c - softc/dev_t breakage?

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 04:46:34PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
 > >You have fwohci in your kernel configuration file but not ieee1394if.
 > >That's your issue.
 >
 > >(Granted, in itself it's kind of a bug, but fwohci is of very little
 > >use without ieee1394if.)
 >
 > Yeah, I would've expected some sort of error from config, rather than
 > having to wait for the linker to discover missing symbols.

I've seen a few other cases like this (IIRC, one is if you do "no
usb*" but leave ehci*/ohci*/uhci* turned on) and there are probably
more lurking.

AIUI config doesn't have any way of knowing that these combinations
aren't sensible. It Would Be Nice(TM) if there were a way, and better
still if it allowed explicitly disabling usb* to automatically prune
ehci*, ohci*, and uhci*... but the latter isn't entirely trivial.

--
   - David A. Holland / dholland+netbsd%eecs.harvard.edu@localhost