Re: serious current install issues (./build.sh install=/ installs as rafal:staff vs. root:wheel)

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:32:18PM +1100, Luke Mewburn wrote:
 >   | D'oh!  Nevermind, sorry.. another case of User Brain Damage..
 >

 > This is why I recommend _not_ using "./build.sh install=...".
 >
 > Do "./build.sh [...] distribution sets" and extract the tar files as root.
 > Less chance of a stuff-up.

I dunno, there's more to type that way and it's much easier to goof
by, say, forgetting the -p in the untar. Not that I've ever done that
or anything.

Why not have build.sh inspect the permissions on, say,
$DESTDIR/usr/bin/su and complain if -U is wrong? In the unlikely event
that su ceases to be setuid root or moves to a different directory we
can always update build.sh accordingly.

--
   - David A. Holland / dholland+netbsd%eecs.harvard.edu@localhost