Re: auich fifo underrun

In article <20080212181824.GA26235%britannica.bec.de@localhost> Joerg wrote:
: On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:10:25PM -0600, David Young wrote:
: > On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 05:44:04PM +0100, Dieter Baron wrote:
: > >   Do iwi0 and auich0 share an interrupt?  (I experience interrupt
: > > sharing problems between auich0 and wm0 (both at interrupt 11).)
: >
: > Audio devices are a bit unusual in that they auto-suspend.  Looks to me
: > like auich does not detach its interrupt handler when it is suspended.
: > It should.

: auich skips interrupt processing if the device is currently inactive.
: Given that it is not supposed to get any interrupts at that time, that
: should be good enough. It might need to clear pending interrupts though.

  I don't think that is the problem.  I hear sound for about 30
seconds, then sound and all network traffic stops.  A ifconfig down/up
restores networking.  If I play sound from an USB disk (uhci also uses
interrupt 11), access to the USB disk hangs and umount fails (even on
shutdown).  As an additional data point, I never had that problem with
iwi instead of wm.

                                                yours,
                                                dillo