Re: parallels on leopard on macbook pro freeze on current kernel during boot

George Michaelson wrote:
I have the 5584 build of parallels on Leopard (OSX 10.5) on a macbook pro and netbsd current hangs during boot.

Also, a bootcamp install freezes when run under parallels, but in a different place, on a 4.0 kernel.

I've included some screengrabs. the current boot is on the INSTALL kernel, the bootcamp is on a GENERIC kernel.

I have tried a couple of things, including boot -c to disable drivers. No change.

any suggestions?

In the meantime, go into the VM settings and disable VT-x, that will allow -current to boot. To build a kernel that works with VT-x enabled, comment out the x86_patch function in arch/x86/x86/patch.c

Cheers,
Jared