Re: IBM Thinkpad T43p X setup

--- "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:31:25 -0800 (PST)
> "Francisco Valladolid Hdez." <ficovh%yahoo.com@localhost>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks.
> >
> > Anyone had experience with a IBM T43p laptop
> running X
> > at 1600x1200 video mode ? Recently i acquired one
> and
> > can't get the maximun resolution on it.
> >
> > The laptop has a ATI Fire GL with 128MB RAM.
> >
> Are you using XFree86 or Modular Xorg?  On some of
> my desktops, with
> ATI Radeon chips and a 1600x1200 display, I had the
> same problem with
> XFree86; modular xorg, however, worked perfectly
> immediately, using a
> config file generated by 'X -configure'.

Thanks for the reply, today i resolved this problem by
setup modular-xorg-server with NetBSD 4.99.45 at
1600x1200 resolution, whenever I don't know if xterm
compile automatically with freetype support, i can't
use antialiased fonts with xterm.

Regards.

>               --Steve Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

---
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the
new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Francisco Valladolid Hdez.
http://blog.bsdguy.net - http://flickr.com/photos/sigueme/

Be a better friend, newshound, and