Subject: Re: (reasonably) secure shared upload area on server
To: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/2006 08:33:22
	I'd go for the https option.  It's easy to use, reasonably secure, and
there are scripts to be found which can permit file uploads.  Also, if
you're users are using Macintosh computers, the setup is really easy,
because you can just use the ical extensions in Apache to make it all work.
We have several customers using this approach, and it works much better
than ftp all around, because of firewall restrictions, bad clients, and
user cluelessness.

Good luck.
-Brian