Subject: Re: wi0 & NetBSD
To: argo <netbsd@purk.ee>
From: Christian Goetz <cgoetz@pandora.be>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/2004 00:04:24
--------------010502020700090300030601

Grrrr

I should have tested a bit more cause after reboot; enable to get it
working again.
Probably i did a ping on my own ip address (pcmcia)...

card is up
card sees the AP
chan is ok
ssid is ok

Netbsd is unable to:
    - get an ip address via DHCP (>static ip)
    - find an acces point when scanning with wiconfig wi0 -D
    - ping the AP ip address or others

This remains thus a problem for me?

Ps: My laptop is an Amilo & my logs can be found in my previous emails

Christian Goetz

argo a écrit:

>Sometimes it is impossible to debug if you have only one card to play
>with.I was rude, i'm sorry!
>
>Greetings
>
>On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 16:05 -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>

>>In message <1098388629.1146.20.camel@mp.purk.ee>, argo writes:
>>

>>>Hey,
>>>
>>>This post sound more "My Car doesn't work what should i do?" ;-)
>>>Some debug info maybe?
>>>

>>He's posted about this before, with full debug output; see
>>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/10/19/0001.html
>>
>>(Christian, did you see http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/10/19/0013.html
>>

>>		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb

--------------010502020700090300030601

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Grrrr<br>
I should have tested a bit more cause after reboot; enable to get it working
again.<br>
Probably i did a ping on my own ip address (pcmcia)...<br>
card is up<br>
card sees the AP<br>
chan is ok<br>
ssid is ok<br>
Netbsd is unable to:&nbsp; <br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; - get an ip address via DHCP (&gt;static ip)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - find an acces point when scanning with wiconfig wi0 -D<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - ping the AP ip address or others<br>
This remains thus a problem for me?<br>
Ps: My laptop is an Amilo &amp; my logs can be found in my previous emails<br>
Christian Goetz<br>
argo a &eacute;crit:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Sometimes it is impossible to debug if you have only one card to play
with.I was rude, i'm sorry!

Greetings

This post sound more "My Car doesn't work what should i do?" ;-)
Some debug info maybe?
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">He's posted about this before, with full debug output; see
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/10/19/0001.html">http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/10/19/0001.html</a>

(Christian, did you see <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/10/19/0013.html">http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/10/19/0013.html</a>

		--Steve Bellovin, <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.research.att.com/~smb">http://www.research.att.com/~smb</a>

    </pre>