Subject: Re: Lucent MC-11 & NetBSD 2.0_RC4
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2004 10:35:34
smb@research.att.com ("Steven M. Bellovin") writes:

>wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
>wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (6.16.1)

>and here's Christian's:

>wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: ELSA, Vianect WLAN MC-11, Version 01.01
>wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (7.28.1)

My Lucent card works too in a Dell Inspiron 8000 running 2.0_RC4.

wi0 at pcmcia1 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
wi0: 802.11 address 00:60:1d:1e:d5:8a
wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (8.10.1)
wi0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

I found a report (in German) regarding the ELSA card:

http://www.forum.netzwerkrouter.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php3?topic=11080&forum=6&start=10

Please read the last forum entry.

It says that the firmware on the ELSA card is broken, but you can flash
new firmware under Windows.

If you bought the ELSA card in a bundle with an access point then you
cannot use the card with the new firmware in the access point but
it works fine in a notebook (under Linux).

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de