Subject: Re: Upgrading OS for an environment using Raid
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/2004 19:17:22
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 02:40:52PM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Yoseff Francus wrote:
>
> > I am running NetBSD 1.6 for intel 386.
> >
> > All my filesystems (root included) are setup as RAID filesystems.
> > Is there any easy way to upgrade the OS without having to mess around
> > with the RAID setup or having to load the new OS on a separate filesystem.
>
> I've done this quite a few times lately. See:
>
>     http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/2004/01/02/0001.html
>
> though it would be neat if "sysinst" understood RAID.

That would bloat the install kernels....

It ought to be possible to just use pax to overlay the new sets onto the
installed system - then sort out what you need from etc.tgz.

If it is your build system build.sh install=/ might do it (but check the
arguments first...)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk