Re: [SORRY] I broke python311 and other packages

>  - ...but then breaks because for some reason ncursesw includes
> ncurses  buildlink3.mk, and include/ncurses ends up before
> include/ncursesw, so the wrong includes end up used and the build
> fails.

Don't you think the real problem is here? What is the reason to include
ncurses/buildlink3.mk from ncursesw/buildlink3.mk?  As a result of this
inclusion _curses.so from python311 in compiled using ncursesw's(with
W!) header files but then it is linked using ncurses(without W!)
library.  It would not do so if .buildlink directory conatin only
ncursesw. The cleaner .buildlink directory the better.

> Also note that PKG_OPTIONS=-readline doesn't actually work, as the
> readline module is still built (I don't recall which OS this happens
> on).

I know python builds it but does install, so python without
editlin/readline works for me.