Port-next68k archive

Re: Status of the next68k port (SCSI controller/disk)?

I wrote:

> Well, my NeXTstation now has some trouble, maybe around
> the lithium battery for BIOS and powerup.  I've ordered
> a new one and I'll commit fixes once after test them again.
>  https://industrial.panasonic.com/products/pt/lithium-batteries/models/BR-2%25252F3A

Today I received a new battery and replaced it,
then my NeXT works again. :-)
(it complained "System test failed" and "Error code 65" first
 but it dissappeared, maybe bad NVM values?)

It turns out that the Ethernet issue on NetBSD/next68k 9.3
is not a driver problem but looks due to lack of entropy issue
around the network layer.

Reverting the following pullup commit (especially "ip_do_randomid = 0")
makes NetBSD/next68k 9.3 kernel boots on NFS root.
 https://github.com/NetBSD/src/commit/de6d2db7d06c8e3c0e35995722ebaa259b78c2ba#diff-8a50bc8e5e7080ceff91c3ac7e159fc046834f0dc2096a060a79bb122d38e717L171

I'll ask tech-net@ or tech-kern@ lists about this issue.

---
Izumi Tsutsui