Port-next68k archive

Re: Status of the next68k port (SCSI controller/disk)?

Hi,

> On 20. Jan 2023, at 21:38, Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
>
> Indeed, not only next68k but also many other Tier-II ports have
> a very few users so need overhaul periodically :-)

yeah, it's a shame - good to see some people are still investing work!

> Now I've investigated several problems:
>
> - delay_divisor value for delay(9) was not correct so
>  shorter delay(9) could be problematic on device accesses:
>  https://github.com/tsutsui/netbsd-src/commit/883462c5f624232ae5e04ac0705057175be8dbf5
>
> - DMA interrupts for esp(4) SCSI didn't work properly:
>  https://github.com/tsutsui/netbsd-src/commit/a5dcbaa7e1d33a8f11ae49e04ab369d9f6790c34
>
> - nextkbd(4) console read function was unintentionally optimized out:
>  https://github.com/tsutsui/netbsd-src/commit/458feeb03c1720f51319411d60467491c03e8ff6
>
> I'll commit these fixes after more confirmation.

Great, thanks a lot! I'll make sure to test these, too. In the meantime, the
main Previous developer has found some problems in the SCSI emulation.
NetBSD 5.2.3 can now successfully probe the bus, but there are still some
data corruption problems when using the file system.

Best,
    Michael