Re: RPi 4b Wifi Device

On 4/20/24 13:16, Michael van Elst wrote:
tomdean%wavecable.com@localhost ("Thomas D. Dean") writes:

# wpa_cli status
Selected interface 'bwfm0'
21:58:44.815: bssid=60:38:e0:db:a9:7a
freq=0
ssid=tddhome
id=0
mode=station
pairwise_cipher=TKIP
group_cipher=TKIP
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_state=GROUP_HANDSHAKE
ip_address=169.254.135.120
address=e4:5f:01:da:eb:46

I don't understand where the inet 169.254.135.120 comes from. The router
pool is 192.168.1.xxx.

169.254.x.x is a "link local" address. dhcpcd falls back to such an
address, if it doesn't get an answer from a dhcp server. Apparently
wpa_supplicant cannot connect to the network.

wpa_state=GROUP_HANDSHAKE

says that it still tries to associate. When it's done this would
change to COMPLETED.

I have two RPi 4b's. One with NetBSD 10 on an SD card and the other with RPi OS on a USB flash drive. (I can not get NetBSD to boot from a flash drive)

As far as I can tell the network configurations are the same for WIFI on both. I see comments on the web about NetBSD 10 problems with the bwfm device.

I need WIFI. So, I go back to RPi OS.

Thanks for all the replies.

Tom Dean