NetBSD 10 and framebuffer consoles setup vs 9.3 (font, multiple...)

Hi!

I just upgraded from 9.3 to 10 on amd64 with AMD Radeon

I used the sysupgrade method for the first time, I hope I didn't mess up with etcupdate step with required a lot of manual work. Also, since the console was in 80x24 mode, checking diff of etcfiles was really cumbersome.

I can reboot and login, however my consoles don't behave as expected comapred to 9.3. How can I fix it? Did I miss some configuration?

1) Font size. The framebuffer is enabled (I notice during boot the switch from VGA) but the displayed font gives me 80x24 anyway... how can I do high-res as before (not 8x8 size on VGA, but classic expected framebuffer I got before... this new setup is very unusual)
Do I need to mess in wscons.conf? boot.cfg?

2) multiple consoles. ctrl/alt/F1 doesn't open a new login... just the basic console

3) basic console behaves strange. login and shell does work, but if I do vi, I cannot navigate, keyboard is mapped wrongly, cursor keys do not work... totally crazy. Also certain promts spit out withyout newline, only carriage-return. Like it is not behaving as vt100?

Riccardo