using screenblank

Hope everyone is doing well.

Two questions concerning /usr/sbin/screenblank:
1) How do I get the text console screen to unblank/resume?  The
defaults, keyboard and mouse activity, don't work.  I've also tried
"-i /dev/wskbd1" and "-i /dev/wsmouse1" to no avail.  All I've been
able to do is login over tcp and kill -9 the screenblank process.
(Thank goodness that works.)
2) Once I get 1) solved, what file would be a good place to put the
screenblank command line so that the screenblanker will start its
countdown at the login prompt, so I don't have to login to manually
start screenblank?

TIA

Henry