Re: Firefox with webcam

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 10:15:25AM +0100, Hauke Fath (SPG) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anybody had any recent success in using a webcam with Firefox?
>
> Sites like <https://webcamtests.com/> claim to detect the webcam (it's a
> logitech whatzit, attached as uvideo0), but are missing access permissions.
>
> Firefox (123.0.1 here), OTOH, never asks for permissions; it does not log
> any related errors, either.

fixed with firefox 123.0.1nb1

For future reference to myself: when debugging firefox, I keep
forgetting it has ample logging and spits out the occasional function
name giving you pointers for where to start reading the code. You can
do this with either the MOZ_LOG environment variable or about:logging
page.

firefox's ktrace, meanwhile, is an endless stream of queries getting
the current time of day and polling.