Re: Official cloud/live images ?

On Tue, 2024-03-26 12:37:44 +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <lkml%metux.net@localhost> wrote:
> On 25.03.24 21:24, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
>
> > For my own CI builds, I'm cross-building NetBSD from Linux for all
> > port/cpus and use that generated amd64 install ISO to do an autoated
> > installation into Qemu (simple `expect` script.)
>
> Can you share how exactly you're doing it ?

I'll happily share some scripts, but they're somewhat tied to my CI
setup here and thus not easy to use without the surrounding stuff.
(For example, there's a generic "create a VM" script running Qemu or
SIMH, maybe creating virtual disks or overlays, maybe extracting a
tarball with NetBSD's release directory for getting the Install ISO
etc.) So I kind of hesitate throwing it into the public without docs,
but I'll drop you the scripts with some brief comments so that you'd
easily cut out the "relevant" parts.)

  An actual longer-term goal is to package them to an extend where I
can easily re-install all the CI setup, but I'm not yet there.
However, I'm using that stuff on a day-to-day basis for generic
Linux/GCC/Binutils/GDB/glibc/NetBSD/... CI jobs and it is at least fit
for that job.

MfG, JBG