Re: EXT MAIL : Re: USB install is slow

On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 08:18:14PM +0000, Derrick Lobo wrote:
> Hi Thierry
>
> Manual untar seems fine no issues at all. This seems more like
> copying the file between usb to the local drive as I see stalls when
> the file is copied over

But you said the time was spent in the download mostly - and I am totally
confused what times you are comparing against which. The sets should be
on the install usb medium, so no download is necessary.

The download speed itself may vary widely and is totaly outside of our
controll.

When you say untarring the sets is fast, is that after copying them
from the USB stick to hard disk or untarring from the USB source directly?

Martin