Re: Missing file for the Kaveri (solved)

On 2019-04-08 16:07, Greg Troxel wrote:
Jaap Boender <jaapb%kerguelen.org@localhost> writes:

So, in retrospect it seems the incredibly obvious thing to try, but
after a suggestion by gdt@ (thanks!) I just grabbed all the
KAVERI_*.bin and kaveri_*.bin files from the linux firmware git tree
and put them in /libdata/firmware/radeon, and now I have a working
radeon. (Only getting kaveri_mec2.bin leads to version conflicts, you
need all the files).

This makes me wonder what vintage our files are, and if we should be
syncing the current set of files from Linux.   I am unclear on our
process for that, and on firmware file licensing.

The firmware files in our tree came from the Linux firmware repository, which is separate from the Linux source tree. I can do an update in a week or two
unless someone else does it first.

The licence for the radeon ones is fine.