Re: Missing file for the Kaveri (solved)

On 07/04/2019 12:48, Jaap Boender wrote:
So far, I've been running modular-xorg with the wsfb driver (haven't been able to get that working for native xorg), which works tolerably well, but it would be nice to have the Radeon working properly. Is that going to be an option in the near future (or should it already be working, and am I doing something wrong) or would that involve lots of work?

So, in retrospect it seems the incredibly obvious thing to try, but after a suggestion by gdt@ (thanks!) I just grabbed all the KAVERI_*.bin and kaveri_*.bin files from the linux firmware git tree and put them in /libdata/firmware/radeon, and now I have a working radeon. (Only getting kaveri_mec2.bin leads to version conflicts, you need all the files).

best,

  Jaap

--
"And without hate, how am I to know the exquisite sensation of mild annoyance?"