Re: My packages are SO hosed.

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 00:46:55 -0400
Bob Bernstein <poobah%ruptured-duck.com@localhost> wrote:

> My spidey-sense is warning me that my pkg collection is seriously
> corrupt, and that I ought to give equally serious consideration to
> beginning over again, with a fresh install of -current.
>
> Buy, sell, or hold?
>
> Thank you,

What exactly are you attempting to do? If you want to get pkgsrc going
but you have some corruption issues??, just remove manually all your
existing packages, i.e.

rm -rf /usr/pkg
rm -rf /var/db/pkg

and start from scratch. It's as simple as that. But then I don't know
how and where you install your packages. If you build them yourself
from source, then you should know exactly where they are located. If
you install binary packages from NetBSD public locations, then all
packages and database live in the well known locations.

>From your previous email, it seems you're building from source, but I
can't tell if only one package install gives you errors, or if this
happens for other packages as well. Have you tried running "pkg_info
-a"? and looking for the package name? If you're not building and
installing packages in a chroot, then you will be overwriting
previously installed packages and possibly causing conflicts. Is this
what may be happening here?