My packages are SO hosed.

I took to heart the advice to look at the suggested page in the
wiki, https://wiki.netbsd.org/pkagsrc/x11. Running 'pkg_delete -r
x11-links' returned no pkgs found (as best as memory can give me)
and in the process of nosing around it seemed I had no x11-links
installed.

Full Big-Dummy Disclosure: Yes, I had not correctly parsed the
pkg_delete option '-r', and thought it meant "We will get rid of the
pkgs dependent on x11-links but not delete x11-links itself." Then,
in a fit of impulsiveness, I decided I needed x11-links (heck, it
seems to show up everywhere...), which led to about an hour and half
of pkgsrc building. But here's the rub:

===> Installing binary package of osabi-NetBSD-8.99.35
pkg_add: A different version of osabi-NetBSD-8.99.35 is already
installed: osabi-NetBSD-8.0
pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
*** Error code 1

BUT:

# pkg_delete -f osabi-NetBSD
pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `osabi-NetBSD' of
`osabi-NetBSD'

And, no surprise here:

# pkg_delete -f osabi-NetBSD-8.0
pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `osabi-NetBSD-8.0' of
`osabi-NetBSD-8.0'

My spidey-sense is warning me that my pkg collection is seriously
corrupt, and that I ought to give equally serious consideration to
beginning over again, with a fresh install of -current.

Buy, sell, or hold?

Thank you,

--
In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of
politics'. All issues are political issues, and

  George Orwell "Politics and the English Language" (1946)