Re: Xorg vs Wayland (and MIR?) - future for NetBSD X ?

>>> Is NetBSD going to play with Wayland?  'Cause X.org seems to be in
>>> a bit shaky and captured by Linux-droids.

Conceptually, KMS strikes me as the right way to do things.  I don't
know enough about the current design/implementation to comment on it.

I do agree that support for network-remote clients is not optional.  If
Wayland continues with their plans to not support that, I will have no
use for it.  (Rather like clang/llvm and nested functions.)

But then, I also don't see any need to track where x.org is going.  I
use plain X, not all the latest bells-whistles-and-gongs extensions
that effectively do away with most of what got X to where it is/was.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign