Re: Xorg vs Wayland (and MIR?) - future for NetBSD X ?

On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
Is NetBSD going to play with Wayland? 'Cause X.org seems to be in a
bit shaky and captured by Linux-droids.
What makes you think Wayland isn't also captured by the Penguins?

Perhaps I wasn't direct enough. I do think that. I think even worse, actually, it's pretty well taken over by Fedora (Wayland) and Ubuntu (MIR) folks.

It looks totally Linuxsy and I was hoping one of the wizards on the lists would come out and say "Oh no Swift, you have it all wrong, let me explain how KMS is wonderful and we have no problems at all with Wayland. There's going to be a new nifty add-on that will do proper remote X. Nothing to worry about. It's just like what we'd have done ourselves."

That didn't exactly happen, but it's what I expected anyway.

-Swift