Re: Nouveau driver on nvidia 8500GT (amd64)

Taylor R Campbell <campbell+netbsd-tech-x11 <at> mumble.net> writes:

>    Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:35:29 +0000 (UTC)
>    From: Mariusz Wawrzyniak <rowerek <at> gmail.com>
>
>    Today I built the kernel from the latest sources with nouveau, LOCKDEBUG,
>    DEBUG and KMEM_GUARD_DEPTH=30000 enabled. It gave me no console
>    and the relevant fragment of /var/log/messages looks like this:
>
> FYI, nouveau support is totally unfinished and experimental at the
> moment.  I think mrg <at>  has gotten it to boot and control the display on
> one device, with wscons text drawn to the nvidia device's framebuffer
> by software -- but that's it so far.

Yes, I'm very happy with working fresh radeon driver :) and just thought,
that my previous post could be helpfull in some way for nouveau debugging.
For me, watching nouveau's commits since 2010 it's a great pleasure to see
every progress in this subject.
Thanks