Re: Nouveau driver on nvidia 8500GT (amd64)

   Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:35:29 +0000 (UTC)
   From: Mariusz Wawrzyniak <rowerek%gmail.com@localhost>

   Today I built the kernel from the latest sources with nouveau, LOCKDEBUG,
   DEBUG and KMEM_GUARD_DEPTH=30000 enabled. It gave me no console
   and the relevant fragment of /var/log/messages looks like this:

FYI, nouveau support is totally unfinished and experimental at the
moment.  I think mrg@ has gotten it to boot and control the display on
one device, with wscons text drawn to the nvidia device's framebuffer
by software -- but that's it so far.