Re: RFC: remove xsrc/xfree

Hello,

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:56:46 +0100
David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Is there a list of sample hardware needed for each? You can often find
> random people on the Internet with old hardware to spare :-p

As far as I know ( add plenty of saly, I'm not all that familiar with
these ):

> >>  >    netbsd/arm32vidc/

Any Acorn RiscPC should do. Not sure if pre-StrongARM models still work
( or ever did )

> >>  >    netbsd/alpha/

I suspect that's about older models with TurboChannel and/or weird
alignment restrictions. IIRC at least some, more modern Alphas already
run Xorg.

> >>  >    netbsd/amiga/

Would only really make sense on heavily upgraded A4000 or Draco. Not
sure which graphics hardware we actually support to what degree.

> >>  >    netbsd/mac68k/

Not sure if we support acceleration or wscons on any of those. IIRC
most cards that have acceleration are decidedly undocumented and weird,
so just wscons would do the trick and give us unaccelerated X with wsfb.

> >>  >    netbsd/dec/

Should overlap with TurboChannel Alphas above.

> >>  >    sun/

Sun3 I guess. IIRC mostly dumb framebuffers, maybe a cg6 on a weird bus
if you're lucky, so probably mostly kernel / wscons work. Sun4 and
newer have been running Xorg by default for ages.

have fun
Michael