Re: Beyond twm

NetBSD has, in the past, received it share of criticism over the "out of box experience".  Long term hackers think it's great, but folks used to push button utility tend to wonder why it's so cranky after the first reboot.

Phil Rulon

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
Hello,

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 19:32:48 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> It's not obvious to me why there needs to be a more complex window
> manager in base.  twm works, but isn't fancy or pretty.

I think one problem is that it behaves different than what most new
users would expect. Wouldn't bother anyone who's been using UNIX-ish
operating systems before, but might confuse the hell out of people
coming from something more mainstream.

have fun
Michael