Re: netbsd-7 on intel GPU (improvements and regressions)

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 01:10:59PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 11:38:05AM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> >
> > there seems to be an i386 GL problem, it was introduced after
> > the mesa 10 upgrade, i'm fairly sure, but i have not looked
> > closely at it yet.  it occurs on radeon as well.
>
> At last I found why it happens on i386 and not amd64; the attached
> patch makes it work on i386 for me.
> On amd64 version, an assembly version of the functions in
> dist/src/mapi/entry.c is used only when GLX_USE_TLS is defined.
> On i386, there are assembly versions for both GLX_USE_TLS and !GLX_USE_TLS
> cases. I guess the assembly version is wrong, but I've not looked closely.
> The attached patch makes i386 use the C version as amd64 does, and makes it
> work.

But, I'm still seeing display corruption (epecially in fonts) with
stellarium and acceleration enabled on i386 (on a 82965PM chipset,
which xorg identifies as a 965GM). I also see display problems on amd64
running on a HD Graphics 4600, with opencpm.